Steven A. Meyerowitz graduated summa cum laude with Highest Honors in Political Science from Hofstra University, where he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa. Mr. Meyerowitz then graduated from Harvard Law School, where he earned his law degree cum laude, and practiced law for nearly five years with Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, a prominent international Wall Street law firm.
Mr. Meyerowitz is the Founder and President of Meyerowitz Communications Inc., a marketing communications consulting company that represents some of the largest and most successful domestic and international law firms in the world and that provides editing, analysis, and writing services to major legal and business publishers and other businesses. Mr. Meyerowitz specializes in helping lawyers write, produce, and place their bylined articles, newsletters, brochures, and other marketing materials, and in integrating publications into a firm’s overall marketing program.
A noted law firm marketing expert, Mr. Meyerowitz, who has written scores of articles on law firm marketing and management for publications including The New York Times, the ABA Journal, and the New York Law Journal, served for many years as a contributing writer for The Pennsylvania Lawyer Magazine (published by the Pennsylvania Bar Association) and as Marketing Law Editor of Marketing Management Magazine (published by the American Marketing Association).
Mr. Meyerowitz is the Director of FC&S Legal: The Insurance Coverage Information Law Center, the author of a daily column on insurance coverage law developments for FC&S Legal, and Editor-in-Chief of the Insurance Coverage Law Report and nearly a dozen other legal and business publications for a wide range of leading national and international publishers.
In addition, Mr. Meyerowitz is the author of Bankruptcy Law Digest (3d Edition) and a book on marketing, sales, and advertising law, is the co-author of a state-by-state privacy and data security law guide, and is the author of hundreds of articles on a wide range of business and legal subjects as well as the author of the Financial Fraud Law Blog.
Having served an international legal and business clientele for decades, Mr. Meyerowitz cultivated and developed his interest in outsourcing and co-founded, with Victoria Prussen Spears, Global Outsourcing Information Inc., a company dedicated to helping outsourcing vendors from around the world reach decision makers at U.S. companies and to educating U.S. businesspeople seeking reliable and trustworthy information about outsourcing destinations and providers worldwide.
As president of Global Outsourcing Information, Mr. Meyerowitz is co-author of Outsourcing Destinations: Mexico,regularly writes about globalization and outsourcing, and handles the company’s business operations.
Please click on this link to be directed to a representative sample of Mr. Meyerowitz's written works, many available in full, in PDF format
STEVEN A. MEYEROWITZ
Meyerowitz Communications Inc.
P.O. Box 7080
Miller Place, New York 11764
Phone: (631) 331-3908
Fax: (631) 331-3664
Meyerowitz Communications Inc.
FOUNDER and PRESIDENT
Marketing communications consultant to law firms and other professional services firms and to corporations. Helps clients define and reach their marketing goals through such methods as:
- Writing and placing articles in newspapers and trade publications
- Preparing newsletters for distribution to clients and contacts
- Developing and coordinating publicity campaigns
- Preparing brochures, new business proposals, Web content, social media initiatives, and responses to Requests for Proposals
Global Outsourcing Information Inc.
CO-FOUNDER and PRESIDENT
- AUTHOR/DIRECTOR, “FC&S Legal: The Insurance Coverage Information Law Center,” Developments, 2012 – present
- AUTHOR, “Bankruptcy Law Digest,” 3d Edition, West Services, Inc., 2012
- AUTHOR, “Outsourcing Destinations: Mexico,” Global Outsourcing Information, Inc., 2012 (with Victoria Prussen Spears)
- AUTHOR, Financial Fraud Law blog, http://www.financialfraudlaw.com/lawblog, 2009 – present
- AUTHOR, “State-by-State Privacy and Data Security Law,” Sheshunoff, 2009 (with Victoria Prussen Spears)
- AUTHOR, “An Ounce of Prevention: Marketing, Sales & Advertising Law for Non-Lawyers,” Gale Research, Inc., 1994
- CONTRIBUTING WRITER, The Pennsylvania Lawyer Magazine, July 1985 – 2009
- MARKETING COLUMNIST, New York Law Journal, 1993 – 2003
- “MEYEROWITZ ON MARKETING” COLUMNIST, Marketing the Law Firm, 2004 – 2007
- AUTHOR, numerous articles on law firm marketing and management issues in publications including the ABA Journal, Across the Bar, Barrister, Bench & Bar, Business Marketing Magazine, FindLaw.com, Law Marketing Portal, Marketing for Lawyers, Marketing Management Magazine, Marketing the Law Firm, New York Law Journal, The New York Times, The News Bulletin, Of Counsel, and The Pennsylvania Lawyer Magazine
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Insurance Coverage Law Report, 2012 – present
- EDITOR, Tax Facts News, 2010 – 2011
- EXECUTIVE EDITOR, Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits (2 vol.), 2010 – present
- EXECUTIVE EDITOR, Tax Facts on Investments, 2010 – present
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Financial Fraud Law Report, 2009 – present
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Privacy & Data Security Law Journal, 2005 – 2010
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Privacy & Data Security Law Review, 2005 – 2009
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Journal of Bankruptcy Law, 2005 – present
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Journal of Payment Systems Law, 2004 – 2008
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Employee Relations Law Journal, 2003 – present
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Employee Benefit Plan Review, 2003 – present
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, Real Estate Finance, 2002 – 2009
- EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, The Banking Law Journal, 2000 – present
- CONSULTING EDITOR, Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, 2000 – present
- Consultant to EDITOR-IN-CHIEF, The Real Estate Finance Journal, 2000 – present
- EXECUTIVE MANAGING EDITOR, Journal of Insurance Coverage, 1999 – 2002
- MANAGING EDITOR, Federal Bar Council News, 1994 – present
- EDITOR, “Human Resources 2009: Answers To Your Top 25 Questions,” 2008
- EDITOR, “Human Resources 2008: Answers To Your Top 25 Questions,” 2007, 2008
- EDITOR, “Human Resources 2007: Answers To Your Top 25 Questions,” 2006, 2007
- EDITOR, “Human Resources 2006: Answers To Your Top 25 Questions,” 2005, 2006
- EDITOR, “Current Developments In K-12 Education: Near and Longer Term Trends,” 2007
- EDITOR, “Mortgage Developments 2007: Answers to Your Top Questions,” 2007
- EDITOR, “Pratt’s Guide To The Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention And Consumer Protection Act of 2005,” 2005
- MARKETING LAW EDITOR, Marketing Management Magazine, published by the American Marketing Association, 1993 – 2009
- MEMBER, BOARD OF EDITORS, Marketing the Law Firm, 2001 – 2007
Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy, New York City
ATTORNEY, Bankruptcy/Workout Department, 1979 – 1984
Harvard Law School
- J.D., cum laude
- B.A., 3.98 cumulative average, summa cum laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Phi Sigma Alpha (national political science honor society)
- Phi Alpha Theta (national history honor society)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- New York State Bar
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association